Somehow time is moving way too fast for me these days and I feel like I can’t do everything I want to do. Somehow, it’s suddenly winter and there is snow swirling around outside right now. Somehow, my baby is already 8.5 months old and the end of my maternity leave is approaching faster than I’d like. I’m definitely starting to feel some anxiety these days and I know I need to find a way to work through it so that I can enjoy the little bit of time I have left at home with my little one.
But, for now, a bullet point update:
- Bo has sprouted two more teeth (that’s four altogether now!). He’s still drooling a ton and sticking everything in his mouth but, other than that, doesn’t seem terribly bothered by the whole teething business.
- We went for a family photo shoot yesterday. Just a quickie, to get some shots for Christmas gifts. Littleton and Bo were very well-behaved and we got some pretty great pics of the two of them. Gawd, they’re cute.
- Getting ready for said photo shoot (and for just about every outing these days, for that matter), was a bit of a scramble. Is it just me, or is it usually the mom the who is responsible for getting the kids the all dressed and packed up? My husband is amazing and helpful in so many ways, but I’m always the one who gets the kids ready. He only has to make himself look presentable. I really noticed it today, when I only had a couple of minutes to pull myself together. By the time I jumped in the car, I was sweating and realized I hadn’t finished applying my makeup. The kids looked great, but mommy? Not so much.
- Poo. Bo needs to have one. He’s been pushing and straining and groaning for the last two days. I finally cracked out the prune puree last night but so far, no luck. Poor little guy.
- There is so much snow this morning! Why?! I really thought I’d make it until at least Christmas before pushing the stroller became challenging. I’m not ready for this at all. For the first time since I got it, I haven’t hit 10,000 steps on my fitbit ANY DAY this week. Good lord, that’s awful. In the summer, I was getting close to 20,000 a lot of the days. I hate being stuck inside.
That’s the main stuff for now. Heading into the office for a visit and to meet my new boss today. I’m sure that’s adding to my anxiety. Visiting months ago was fun. That was when my return to work was ages away. Now, it feels too soon. Ugh.